1. We have students of all ages in our schools that exhibit high performance capability in specific academic fields and possess a leadership capacity.
2. Gifted and talented programs assist individual students to develop their high potential and enhance their academic growth and identify students with outstanding abilities who are capable of high performance.
3. We believe that education is a means by which each individual has the opportunity to reach his or her fullest potential. We believe that all students have a right to educational experiences that challenge their individual development whether it is below, at, or beyond the level of their age peers.
4. We are committed to funding programs that benefit our gifted and talented students. The Kane Education Foundation has acted on this commitment by funding a Gifted and Talented Endorsement for Kane County School District teachers. It is our belief that the teachers who benefit from this endorsement will introduce the schools to the enrichment concepts and help identify what is needed and who needs the help. This will help build the capacity of our Gifted and Talented program over time.
5. We need your help. With your support, we can continue to support gifted and talented programs and make an impact with teachers and students in our community. Contact Jeannette Erdmann for more information about Gifted and Talented. Improved student learning changes and enlarges lives, creates more productive citizens, and lifts society as a whole. Will you help?
Click here to read more about our efforts with our Gifted and Talented Program.