The members of the Board of Directors for Kane Education Foundation need to be strongly committed to improving the educational opportunities of students in Kane County. They serve for a period of three years and do not receive compensation. Board members meet on a monthly basis and ad hoc when needed.
Board of Director Responsibilities
Each Board Member is expected to:
1. Be an active advocate of the Kane Education Foundation to ensure its purpose and accomplishments are widely known, understood, and appreciated.
2. Attend monthly board meetings. These typically take place at the Kane Education School District on a weekday morning.
3. Participate fully in the work of the Foundation and its committees and identify areas where your unique knowledge, talents, and abilities can be of the greatest benefit.
4. Actively participate and provide input during board meetings, committee meetings, fundraising, and other KEF events. This may require 5-10 hours of time per month.
5. Serve a minimum term for two or three years.
6. Assist in raising both the public awareness and contributed income necessary for the Foundation to operate its programs and remain viable.
7. Exercise discretion in conversations to honor donor confidentiality.
8. Fulfill fiduciary responsibilities and be a steward of the Foundation’s assets to ensure they are effectively managed for the benefit of the schools and the students.
9. Invest not only your time, energy and ideas in the Foundation, but also your personal financial resources in recognition that you cannot ask or lead others to do what you have not done yourself.
10. Learn about Kane County School District’s challenges in an effort to help the Kane Education Foundation address them.
Our School Board representatives will report foundation activities to the school board.
If you have interest in becoming a board member, please contact us.